New Music Giants – presented by Hillside Printing
Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:30pm
Alix Goolden Performance Hall, 907 Pandora
$25/15 general admission
Free for VCM students and faculty
New Music Giants features music by John Cage, Steve Reich, Jacques Hetu,David Loeb, and VCM composers Stephen Brown and RD Wraggett, performed by members of the Conservatory’s string and guitar faculty, together with outstanding students from the Collegium Program for Young Musicians. A program for those who love new music—and for those who think they don’t!
Who’s Playing ?
- Bradford Werner, classical/electric guitar
- Michael Dias, classical guitar
- Douglas Hensley, classical guitar
- Christine Prince, viola
- Masako Hockey, vibraphone
- Paula Kiffner, cello
- Collegium Students, Radios
- VCM Collegium String Quartet: Nelson Moneo, violin; Rae Gallimore, violin; Stephanie Galipeau, viola; Elise Cassidy, cello.
Amazing VCM Composers:
- Stephen Brown
- RD Wraggett
What’s on the program?
- John Cage: Imaginary Landscapes for 12 radios (that’s right, 12 radios!)
- David Loeb: Between Sea and Sky
- Jacques Hétu: Concerto for two guitars (Mov I)
- Stephen Brown: There Was a Lady in the East – Third Suite for Solo Cello (world premiere!)
- Steve Reich: Electric Counterpoint for electric guitar and pre-recorded tape
- RD Wraggett: 33 Pieces of Pandora’s Box (world premiere!)
From a past concert but check this out anyway: