Looking forward to this concert where I play with Michael Dias and Douglas Hensley and present five dances from Renaissance consort music. This is one of the Jubilee Faculty Concerts: Music for Dance, over a dozen VCM Faculty artists are joined by dancers from Ballet Victoria to present a diverse selection of music from South American tangos, to romantic waltzes, Slavic and Celtic dances, Cuban jazz, and even courtly dances of the Renaissance!
Here’s the rep I’m playing with Michael and Douglas:
- Galliard Johann Steffens (1560-1616)
- Almain John Coprario (1570-1626)
- Galliard Nicolo Gistou (1560-1609)
- Pavan John Dowland (1563-1626)
- Galliard Robert Bateman (ca. 1600-1640)
Update, here’s a photo from the actual concert: